Barcode Tracking in the Pharmacy
Automating Prescription and Medication Information
Medications are scanned to immediately verify and record medication dispensing, as well as check the NDC number against the prescription order to ensure the correct medication in the correct dosage is administered to the correct patient.
Reduce Medication Dispensing Errors
Verify and record medication dispensing to ensure the correct medication in the correct dosage will be administered.
Improve Pharmacy Operations
Manage all phases of the medication management process with mobile devices from inventory management to regulatory compliance and dispensing prescriptions effciently.
Access Vital Information
Review patient information and the doctor’s prognosis to support the five rights of medication administration.
Labels, printers and scanners fill the need for accurate, automated prescription tracking.
Our thermal printers produce high quality labels for prescription orders, bottles and unit close packaging. Use barcode scanners / imagers to accurately scan and collect patient data.
- Print legible prescription orders and prescription vial a pharmacy label printer
- Encode patient information in barcodes to satisfy HIPAA regulations
- Barcoded prescriptions can be scanned anytime they are stored, transferred or handled to conveniently track prescriptions in the pharmacy
- Scanning insurance cards creates images that can be stored in such a way that they are instantly accessible
- Capture HIPAA signatures for easy low-cost electronic storage
The RMS Omega Solution
Our total solutions are comprised of hardware, printers, media, software and services. Deciding which of the components works best for your operation and environment may require the assistance of our Solutions Consultants. Contact us and together we’ll assure your organization a successful barcoding / RFID project. Below are some recommended components for automating prescription and medication tracking.