Stay-Linked Terminal Emulation
Thin Client Wireless Terminal Emulation Software
The Stay-Linked solution for thin-client wireless terminal emulation is unique in its design and functionality, and has become the standard for next-generation wireless devices manufactured by Motorola, Intermec, Psion Teklogix, LXE, Datalogic, and others.
With Stay-Linked, all terminal emulation sessions remain on the host computer, with only a thin client installed on the remote wireless device. This thin client communicates with the host-resident Stay-Linked server to communicate keystrokes and scans to the emulation session and then to your application, and transmits only net changes to the emulation screen back to the wireless device. Network traffic is minimized, and all session data remains securely on the host, safe from intrusion or interruption.
Stay-Linked terminal emulation software consists of three components:
- Stay-Linked Server software, installed on the Host computer
- Stay-Linked Client software, installed on wireless computers
- Stay-Linked Administrator software, installed on a Windows-based PC
On a wireless computer, Stay-Linked thin-client software transmits data (keystrokes, scans, speech-to-text) to the Stay-Linked Server software via our network-friendly proprietary UDP/IP-based Client2Host™ protocol.
On the Host, the Stay-Linked Server software transfers the data to a Host-resident Telnet or SSH session, which interacts with Host-resident business applications. Data is returned from the applications and emulation sessions through the Stay-Linked Server back to the wireless computer, which displays changed emulation screens or emits text-to-speech results.
On any network-connected PC, the Stay-Linked Administrator control console is used to configure remote device behavior; to set data manipulation rules; to manage Host-resident emulation sessions; and for system diagnostics.
Stay-Linked is licensed at the Server (via the Administrator) on a concurrent-user basis; the thin-client device software may be installed on a no-charge basis on as many wireless devices as desired. Device Management software is available under a separate license (licensed per device).
Stay-Linked Device Management
Fully Integrated Device Management Utilizing the Stay-Linked Administrator Console
Available as a separately licensed component, Stay-Linked Device Management includes an OEM version of Odyssey Software's industry-standard Athena client software. The rich set of device management functionality enables the help desk to centrally control mobile devices deployed throughout the enterprise network.
Key features include:
- Displays information about the device, including OS, Processor, Memory, Battery, Display, Locale, Installed Applications and Running Processes.
- Allows interactive management of the file system on the device. Browse the entire file system and use file management features like Create Folder, Copy to Folder, Move to Folder, Delete File/Folder, Rename File Folder plus Download and Upload files.
- Allows interactive management of the Registry on the device. Browse the entire registry and use registry management features like Create Key/Value, Copy Key/Value, Delete Key/Value, Rename Key/Value, Edit Value plus Import and Export registry keys.
- Allows interactive viewing of network properties. View the device’s Network Adapters and Adapter Details, Active Network Connections, Routes, ARP Table, Network Parameters, Access Points, TCP Statistics, UDP Statistics, IP Statistics and ICMP Statistics.
Device Remote Control
- Allows interactive remote control of the device itself. This feature allows you to select different color depths and display scales for the remote control session. You can also grab screen shots of the device display in BMP or JPEG formats.
- This feature provides a mechanism to build software manifests that will provision 3rd-party or other software onto the device. The Stay-Linked Administrator includes a ‘Manifest Builder’ which will allow you to assemble a custom, script-driven installation package for the various software programs that you require to be installed on the device. Based upon your pre-defined metrics, these software packages will be deployed to and installed on the devices as required.